The mission of the MIGMH is to address the many and significant health disparities faced by rural disadvantaged and minority populations.
The Institute’s goals are:
- To improve awareness of healthcare issues among minority individuals with a special emphasis on disadvantaged people living in rural areas;
- To increase access to quality healthcare for rural disadvantaged populations;
- To increase the number of healthcare providers who provide services to traditionally underserved populations;
- To improve health outcomes for minority and rural disadvantaged populations; and
- To develop a model for improving minority health and eliminating health disparities that can be replicated across the U.S.